Lightworkers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to Ground Yourself

2 posters

Go down

How to Ground Yourself Empty How to Ground Yourself

Post  Andrew Gubb Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:23 am

I wanted to start this thread the other day - actually I did but there was a powercut and I lost what I was writing. Smile

Since then an amazing series of articles have come to me about grounding that I want to share, that will have extra value for indigos / highly sensitive people / etc. Here it is: http://lightworker.com/Spectrum//articles/375/1/The-new-grounding---part-1-The-thing-about-grounding/Page1.html

Now, onto the conversation about grounding.

What do you think grounding involves? What do you do to ground yourself?

Personally, grounding was a long journey and I feel like it's one of the most important things I've learnt. Not saying I have it mastered, but the difference between now and a year ago is incredible. I used to be so floaty, every so often I'd stop in the middle of what I was doing for maybe 30 seconds, immobilised by the energy my thoughts were using up.

I made a lot of intentions to get more grounded, and all the sex I was having must have helped too. Then I met a friend of mine who is something like a mentor in a way - definitely an elder, for want of a better word. We exchanged a lot of lessons and some of what I got out of her energy was her groundedness. She was like a human tree, energetically speaking. Lots of weight at her lower body, very deep root-energies. I got a lot out of just vibing with her and learning this stuff on a subconscious level.

She is very into nature and trees, and she awoke my nature loving side. I now hug trees a lot, following her example, and trees are AMAZING to show you groundedness. I sometimes ask them to help me and I feel their energy clearing me out and giving me Earth energy.

The roots visualisation is a help, though like the article above says it's not everything.

Exercise, and good old fashioned mindfulness meditation is great.

And then, just doing it. Just getting out and living your life with the ground elements all in. Pushing through resistance. Smile

What grounds you?

Love

Andrew

Andrew Gubb
Admin

http://lightworkersconnection.com

Back to top Go down

How to Ground Yourself Empty Re: How to Ground Yourself

Post  A Little Nautie Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:02 am

There are several things I do to ground myself:

Baking/cooking. I cook most of my food from scratch, so dishes that require a lot of love and attention are relaxing at the end of a long day. Giving your senses attention and exercise--taste, smell, and touch in particular--is a wonderful way to ground yourself. Taking time to enjoy said dishes (savory soup, hearty pasta, crusty bread, etc) is grounding also since sustenance is such a necessary part of life. Ah, I love the kitchen. Smile

Knitting/crafty work/and even chores. Any hands-on activity gives me a chance to release tension and create something tangible. Completed items can help me find a sense of closure so that something physical can help me cope with something intangible. Outward organization and inspiration can help fuel inner organization and inspiration.

A Little Nautie
A Little Nautie

https://twitter.com/erkron

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Gubb Tue Jul 13, 2010 9:15 am

Very true that Smile I'm not the most organised guy, but I do recognise how powerful it can be to just clear up your room sometimes... hey, maybe I'll do that now Razz

Love Smile

Andrew Gubb
Admin

http://lightworkersconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum