Lightworkers Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steve Pavlina

4 posters

Go down

Steve Pavlina Empty Steve Pavlina

Post  Andrew Gubb Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:20 am

What do you guys think about Steve? If you don't know him you can find him at www.stevepavlina.com.

I know the guy recieves a lot of flack just because he's so visible as a person so if he ever reads this, or if the vibrations we're sending him reach him, let me just say that first and foremost we love him and appreciate him dearly.

Now I want to go into some of the things I feel or think or read from him...

I used to be a bit of a Pavlina worshipper, nowadays I'm not so much, though his writing will always draw me as a reader, probably.

I think he has too much of an ego. And you know, I really liked his article where he challenged people to rethink their ideas of ego, and in part because of that I don't equate ego with evil anymore (silly black and white thinking that). But ego - in the negative sense - he has, and sometimes it repels me.

And I also don't like how he very subtly puts himself on a pedestal. Not by outright asking people to worship him, but simply by not showing vulnerability. Maybe it's a guy thing. I don't really identify as a guy, so I don't know.

And ya know I do the same sometimes, though I'd like to change that. Steve seems to hard, too impenetrable to me. And sometimes too insensitive. All his talk about business is fine and he's more of a role model than 99.999% of businessmen are for me, but still somehow I feel he misses the "flow" with his money thinking JUST a little. Maybe he closes off just a part of himself to the pain of others, or to the passions of others. He opens, but not 100%. "Normal" people are worse than him, but I guess I hold myself and others to high standards of sensitivity. Maybe I'm stricter with him because he wants to be leading people with his example... whatever he says, he influences people and has a responsibility to do it well.

Well that's the negative... just because this was on my chest for a while and I wanted to say it. I won't post it in the Pavlina forums cause there'll be drama, but I hope this doesn't sound like it's behind his back either. I love the guy and all he's done for me and others. Smile

And I guess I could work on being even more sensitive, an even better leader, and more humble now. Cause a CERTAIN personal development guru taught me once that what you dislike about others is what you want to change in yourself Smile

Love

Andrew

Andrew Gubb
Admin

http://lightworkersconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Steve Pavlina Empty Re: Steve Pavlina

Post  A Little Nautie Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:01 am

I do admire several traits about him: perseverance, unabashedness, integrity, and his focus. When it comes down to it, though, he is quite a strong personality, and that can grate on me at times. That's just how it is, and I accept that. I respect him no less for being himself. Integrity is lost on many people in his position.
A Little Nautie
A Little Nautie

https://twitter.com/erkron

Back to top Go down

Post  Andrew Gubb Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:21 am

A Little Nautie wrote:I do admire several traits about him: perseverance, unabashedness, integrity, and his focus. When it comes down to it, though, he is quite a strong personality, and that can grate on me at times. That's just how it is, and I accept that. I respect him no less for being himself. Integrity is lost on many people in his position.
Yup, I think we see things quite similarly here... Smile

Andrew Gubb
Admin

http://lightworkersconnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  The Unconquered Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:53 am

Read.

If you think it's hard for him, imagine how hard it is for females with this trait. http://www.personality-and-aptitude-career-tests.com/disc-personality-type.html

The Unconquered

Back to top Go down

Post  Likes2Read Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:22 pm

I've been a subscriber to his site for a while now, and to his Twitter feed. I don't agree with every last word he writes, but still I find it worth the time to read them and evaluate for myself which parts of his writing I can apply to my own life.

Likes2Read

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum